Every year, more than 200 HRPA member-volunteers from across Ontario contribute to the success of our Annual Conference & Trade Show.
Areas of Volunteer Opportunities:
- Media room
- Speaker Support
- and more!
Please note all volunteers are required to commit at least nine volunteer hours throughout the setup day of January 29th and the conference, which runs January 30th to February 1st, 2019.
Volunteer selections will be made based on HRPA’s needs. We welcome applications from returning volunteers, but cannot guarantee selection or placement in previous area of responsibility. Our goal is to provide individuals who have not volunteered in the past, with the opportunity to do so.
You will be required to sign off that you have read and agree to abide by AODA Policy and Procedure document and the Code of Conduct document when you pick up your volunteer badge at the conference.
Please be available for all three days of the conference (some volunteers may be required pre-conference for set-up/registration on January 29, 2019).
- Arriving on time to all scheduled shifts
- Attend the Orientation webinar
- Adherence to HRPA’s Rules of Professional Conduct
- A helpful and enthusiastic personality and respect for confidentiality
- Volunteers are responsible for their own accommodation and travel expenses
You Will Receive:
- Continental breakfast and sandwich lunch will be provided in the Volunteer Lounge on the days you are volunteering
- Casual wear uniform for the conference – two conference shirts provided
- A conference pass for attendance at sessions when not volunteering – space permitting, host rules apply
- Access to speaker presentation materials on our website
- Volunteering for the Annual Conference will award 0.67 hours per day. (CHRP’s can acquire a maximum of 3.33 hours per year for volunteering for administrative tasks in an HR Association under section B11 of the Continuing Professional Development log)
- Volunteers are encouraged to attend speaker presentations when they are not volunteering (space permitting). 1 CPD hour per hour of instruction is acquired.
Volunteer applications will be accepted until Sept 30, 2018. Volunteers should have prior approval from their employer for time off for the conference before submitting an application to volunteer.
Apply to Volunteer: Volunteer Applications are now open.
Sheri Gamble email@example.com
Gwen Kennedy firstname.lastname@example.org